Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The pain... Oh the pain!

With POTS comes an uncanny amount of pains. Neck pains, headaches, back pain, joint pain.... you see where I'm going with this right? So what do we do about it? We should probably tell our doctors and they in turn should take us serious but for the most part many doctors don't. I've been lucky to have a doctor who is now helping me with some medication help. But what if your doctor isn't one of those or you just don't want to be on anymore dang meds...sorta like me!
I've come up with a list of some helpful things that might help with the pain:
-Soak in a bath or pool. If using a bath tub try adding some epson salt.
-You've got to move it move it. Yes, movement hurts but it also helps keep the muscles and ligaments stay loose.
-Massage. Oh it's a magical word. If you manage to find a good massage therapist you should be able to pick out what kind works for you. Ask them to switch it up a bit and you might find your release.
-A new bed. Sometimes your sleep position can make all the difference. I recently purchased a new bed and it has made a huge difference.

I hope these tips can help you. Just remember the most important thing is to communicate with your doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me your thoughts!