I realize that I said I would get this done a couple weeks ago but between snow days and POTs being very active it’s been a bit hard. These are just my symptoms and I want to advise that I am not a doctor nor can I give you medical advice. However, if you are noticing that you are having these as well then I would recommend writing a list and taking it to your doctor. If they just shrug it off then you need to find another doctor.
My symptoms are:
- Fainting or Near fainting (also known as syncope)
- Light headed
- Heart Palpitations (these often feel like flutters)
- Vision issues
- Cognitive Impairment (this is a BIG one for me. )
- Chest pain (if you have this call your doctor or go to an ER)
- Heat/Cold intolerances
- Tremors (sometimes are mistaken for seizures when they aren’t)
- Headaches (I have these a lot and they are sever after falls)
- Sleep problems/Insomnia
- Fatigue (This is never ending for me.)
- Gastro issues (Usually when you’ve ate recently)
- Exercise intolerance (Not from being lazy!!!)
- Blood pooling (I notice it most when my feet are red and burning.)
- Low blood pressure (not everyone has this. Some are high)
- Cold hands, feet, and nose. (All of the time for me.)
- Breathing troubles (Often mistaken for asthma)
- Noise sensitivity (Not good when you have kids like I do.)
- Light sensitivity
- Problems with balance
- Chemical sensitivities (Melatonin is one for me.)
- Feeling full quickly (after just a couple bites)
- Easily over stimulated.
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Feeling of being detached from your surroundings.
Again these are just some of mine. I’m sure there are more that I just can’t think of right now. See I do have cognitive impairment! ;) Again, self diagnosis doesn’t help you any. If you suspect you might have POTS/Dysautonomia then please see a doctor. Find one that will listen to you and is open to the suggestion of what you feel might be wrong.
So what type of symptoms do you have? Feel free to share in the comments or email me at bangingpots @ gmail.com